Monday, August 31, 2009

A new beginning.


Well, I've done it. I've begun to see the light at the end of my tunnel, one of the many that I'll encounter. But, to see the end shining so brightly, can make one ecstatic to the point of losing focus. In all honesty, I never expected to make it this far. I never knew I could ever feel this much relief in one sitting... all of which that happened because of me. People helped me along the way, through this impeccable journey of buzzing whispers, hateful individuals who get their kicks from disadvantaging others. I've been kicked down, dragged and brutally beaten to a point where I didn't think I'd ever get up... but now, as I raise my head, slowly open my eyes... I smile.

I see the light; shining so beautifully. I know now that the brutal bashings I have dealt with over the past year, were worth it. All of the pain and suffering, wasn't all for nothing. All I have to do now, is keep my eye on the target. Something I've been doing all along, I just wasn't really able to see it. I was going at things blind, not knowing exactly where I wanted to be... I was just shooting for something. I knew I needed to grasp the ledge I was falling from...I was too scared to open my eyes; blindly casting out, hoping to grasp at something in the neverending abyss. I laugh, silently to myself, with glee because even though I had done this, I still was following my heart. I still found something; despite the pebbles falling into black nothingness underneath me, from where I had fallen and me dangling over this darkened hole of opportunity. It makes me wonder now, if I had actually seen and had a goal, what my outcome would be. Once again, here comes the laughter, that has so much been held back these last three hundred, some odd, days.

I only laugh because I'm happy. I have realized something, once again. My full potential is endless. My abilities are endless. I laugh, once more and finally let go of the ledge I've clenched. I spiral downward into a state of release. I am free. I open my eyes, slowly watching my past drift away... It's hard to believe I've let go. My laugh gains hysteria as I fall. I'm completely overwhelmed with joy... I look, I watch, I wait for the right moment to grasp on to something else. My fingernails dig into the side of success and I clench onto something else...

My new life.

1 comment:

  1. You're going to do so well and I'm happy I met you. You MUST keep in contact and fill me in with all your new adventures! <3

    ReplyDelete