Friday, August 21, 2009

I stand alone.


When I said something's gotta give, I knew the something was going to be me. I knew that I was going to have to become stronger than I already am, pick myself up from realities brutal bashing and keep pushing forward. I have come to [once again] another realization that I am completely alone in my world. My trivial world. Me and a friend were talking about this subject, earlier in the day today. In the sceme of things, none of us really matter. The reason behind me not showing any caring for the dramatic happenings here, is because of this reason. In the world as I know it, and this is merely my opinion, which counts for even less... we are meaningless. Yet, in the contradictory aspect, we're meant for something. We all have a purpose.

This leads me to a question that everyone always asks themselves at one point or another. "What is my purpose?" I don't personally know what my purpose is and I often wonder if I was skipped over or forgotten when they were handed out in line. That is highly unlikely though. But anyway, back on subject. Me and my friend actually had this discussion and a part of me became uneasy and if my memory strikes me correctly, my friend did too... only because we were talking about how trivial everything truly is in our world.

The universe is huge. Fact. We think our world is so gigantic and that the drama we create is so crucial. It truly isn't what everyone makes everything out to be. To me, everything we believe in, is just an illusion. As I'm sitting here in my dorm, there's an example of it, being displayed right in front of me.. and I can't help but witness it and snicker. People talking about other people... these people don't get it. They're just my entertainment. I feel like I'm sitting in a comedy club; one that just doesn't allow drinking and smoking on the premises.

I'm out of it. This probably doesn't make any sense, due to my round, peach little friend. He's sitting on the shoulder of my thoughts and it's difficult to function with him around. He makes it hard to focus. Sleep is sneaking up on me, completely disregarding the time I spent with it earlier... its time to make another visit...

No comments:

Post a Comment