Thursday, August 20, 2009

Brick walls fight back.


The weather hoped for today is calm and sunny, but unfortunately the air is full of bullshit. I wake up knowing that today, in this place of grinding teeth, clenching fists and willingness to stampede through whatever it takes to get some sort of coping closure... is going to be the same as any other day. But! Through this routine of negativity, I have screamed "Eureka!" within my subconscious. As I've stated before, everything is temporary. The sound of buzzing in my ear, not from a bee, which would be far more friendly than where it's actually coming from -- a former friend. Here we go with that word again... In this moment, I have never felt so alone, but yet, I want to skip, jump, dance... I want to laugh.


I do laugh.


We've all heard the saying, "It's calm before the storm." Well, the storm hasn't blown over yet despite the clouds clearing -- I'm in the eye. Out of a gracious heart, it's giving me room to breathe ... and I'm standing in the middle, arms spread open... laughing. Realizing, things happen for a reason. I start to dance; the drops of rain start to fall on my face again; the wind kisses my cheeks and grazes my fingertips as I dance the moments away, in bliss.

In this moment, I am free...

No comments:

Post a Comment