Friday, August 6, 2010

I never thanked the people who opened my mind.

Once again, I'm starting fresh. Out with the old, in with the new, as they say. But who arethey anyway? I've had quite a few of these blog things, but I've never really stuck with them. I wonder if that's one of those subconscious things telling me I can't commit. Forrest Gump said it best. "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get." That statement has been so true for me and my life it's almost ridiculous. The ups and downs that I've had, even in the past few weeks, have been enough to drive someone over the edge.

First off, I just want to say that everything I've gone through has been a growing experience. Some things were harder than others... but I learned from everything. I recently just lost someone close to me... or rather, I thought was close to me. It's better now, if I get it off of my chest. I never was good at that, when going through things initially... I always have to put expressions on hold. I'm not very good with venting and coping at the same time... multi-tasking isn't my forte.



To make a long story short[er] (or try my best anyway), a man that I was in love with for over four years, was nothing but a liar and a cheat. How out of the ordinary is that? [/Sarcasm] Men are pigs, all of us women know this. Shit, even men know it. They take pride in it. What killed me was, this particular man, claimed to be a knight in shining armor. But alas, he was nothing but a wolf in sheep's clothing. He lied to me about who he was, what he was... four years -- a lie. I'm over it now, but it's definitely something that I need to remember. I can't just put it in the back of my mind and pretend it never happened. No -- that wouldn't be logical. I have to keep my mind open and aware.

Alls well that ends well, though. Another recent event was the fact that a person who I've known ever since I was sixteen, but haven't really talked to for a few years, finally came back into my life, full force. A door closed, a window opened. It's funny how things work out for the better.

All in all, with everything that's happened.... I consider myself lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment